Each alpaca entered and present at the show must:
- Be registered by The Alpaca Registry, Inc. No pending registrations will be accepted.
- Have an Owner of Record to Show Form (as applicable).
Required for all alpacas entering the facility (companion animals included):
- All alpacas at the show must be micro chipped according to the AOA show rules.
- Exhibitors will have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) (e.g. health papers) completed after September 4, 2016 for each animal transported to the show. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) (e.g. health papers) must contain the alpaca name, ARI registration #, microchip number, and PCR BVDV test results stating “Negative” or “not Detected”, with the date of the test, the initials of the lab that performed the test. The VI test is acceptable if it has been completed any time prior to 1-1-2010.
- All alpacas must be entered in the name of the owner as it appears on the ARI Registration Certificate.
- Bring a copy of your Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) with you to the show as it will be retained by the Show Superintendent as part of the show’s permanent records.
- Limit 3 stalls per farm including farm display. (Diamond and Platinum Sponsors allowed up to 4 stalls.)
- Stalls are 9 x 9 on concrete floor. One bag of wood pellets per stall will be provided. Breeders must bring a stall mat to prevent alpacas from slipping on the pellets.
- No more than three (3) animals per stall are allowed. All animals must be six (6) months or older.
- Maximum of two Specialty Entries per farm per type (Get of Sire, Produce of Dam).
- All co-owned animals are considered to be owned by the exhibitor in attendance.
- Stall placement is based on a first-come, first-served basis (sponsors will be placed first).
- All stall assignments are final and non-transferable to another farm. You will receive your stall assignment at check-in time.
- Adjacent stalling requests or stall sharing is based on like sponsorship levels.
Halter class $45.00, Walking Fleece $40.00, stalls fee and vendor spaces are $119.00 until September 10, 2017. After that until September 17 stall and vendor space will be $150.00. Registration closes on September 17th at midnight.
- If you are not a member of the AOA Show System, we are required to charge a $80 show fee (per farm). All alpaca owners are encouraged to join the AOA Show System and become familiar with the AOA Show rules.
- Date of last shearing and method of shearing (electric or hand shears) is now required. You will enter this information on the Alpaca Entry Form.
- Security will be provided from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
- No banners/signs/etc can be directly affixed to the walls or any part of the building. You may display signs and banners from your stall(s).
- Due to fire regulations, aisles in front of stalls must be kept clear of tables, chairs, and display items. Exhibitors are responsible for keeping their pens and the aisles in front of their pens clean. We want to make a good impression on our visitors.
- This is a non-smoking facility.
- We will accept PayPal this year. ARI’s can be emailed to the Superintendent. If you prefer you can mail in your check with the ARI’s to the Superintendent. Details are on the on line registration.
- All alpacas that enter the building (both show and companion animals) must be registered with the Alpaca Registry, Inc. and need to be microchipped. You need to make sure that the correct microchip number is also on the Veterinarian’s Certificate of Inspection (e.g. health papers). Animals without proper identification will not be allowed into the building.
- Animals can not be registered as a companion animal without having another animal exhibiting.
- Animal substitutions from the original entry form will only be allowed before the show and require the permission of the Show Superintendent.
- Send completed entry form with a copy of registration papers.
- Please use the most current ARI color chart to determine the color of each animal.