Each alpaca entered and present at the show must:
- Be registered by the Alpaca Owners Association. No pending registrations will be accepted.
- Have an Owner of Record to Show Form (as applicable).
Required for all alpacas entering the facility (companion animals included):
- All alpacas at the show must be micro chipped according to the AOA show rules.
- Exhibitors will have a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) (e.g. health papers) completed after September 12, 2019 for each animal transported to the show. The Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) (e.g. health papers) must contain the alpaca name, ARI registration #, microchip number, and PCR BVDV test results stating “Negative” or “not Detected”, with the date of the test, the initials of the lab that performed the test. This is an AOA requirement.
- All alpacas must be entered in the name of the owner as it appears on the ARI Registration Certificate.
- Bring a copy of your Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) with you to the show as it will be retained by the Show Superintendent as part of the show’s permanent records.
- Stalls are 9 x 9 on concrete floor. One bag of wood pellets per stall will be provided. Breeders must bring a stall mat to prevent alpacas from slipping on the pellets.
- No more than three (3) animals per stall are allowed. All animals must be six (6) months or older and AOA registered.
- Maximum of two Specialty Entries per farm per type (Get of Sire, Produce of Dam).
- All co-owned animals are considered to be owned by the exhibitor in attendance. If co owners wish to be listed in the official results they must also provide an exhibitor disclosure regardless of attending the show.
- Stall placement is based on a first-come, first-served basis (sponsors will be placed first).
- All stall assignments are final and non-transferable to another farm. You will receive your stall assignment at check-in.
- Adjacent stalling requests or stall sharing is based on like sponsorship levels and availability.
Halter class $45.00, Walking Fleece $40.00, production classes $30.00, Showmanship $15.00 youth only (up to age 18). Stall fee is $139.00 until September 17, 2019. After that until September 30 stalls will be $159.00. Vendor spaces are $139.00 per space no limit on number of spaces per vendor. Items sold must be fiber or alpaca related. Registration closes on September 30th at midnight.
- If you are not a member of the AOA Show System, we are required to charge a $80 show fee (per farm). All alpaca owners are encouraged to join the AOA Show System and become familiar with the AOA Show rules.
- Date of last shearing and method of shearing (electric or hand shears) is now required. You will enter this information on the Alpaca Entry Form.
- Security will be provided from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Friday and Saturday nights.
- No banners/signs/etc can be directly affixed to the walls or any part of the building. You may display signs and banners from your stall(s).
- Due to fire regulations, aisles in front of stalls must be kept clear of tables, chairs, and display items. Exhibitors are responsible for keeping their pens and the aisles in front of their pens clean. We want to make a good impression on our visitors.
- This is a non-smoking facility.
- We will accept PayPal this year. PLEASE forward your PayPal receipt to the Superintendent. ARI certificates and Exhibitor Disclosures can be uploaded to your Alpaca Show Registration account, emailed or faxed to the Superintendent. (email@example.com: 540-518-9084. If you prefer you can mail your check and paper work to the Superintendent. Details are on the on the confirmation email sent by the registration system. Please make sure your email is correct.
- All alpacas that enter the building (both show and companion animals) must be registered with the Alpaca Owners Association. and need to be microchipped. You need to make sure that the correct microchip number is also on the Veterinarian’s Certificate of Inspection (e.g. health papers). Animals without proper identification will not be allowed into the building.
- Animals can not be registered as a companion animal without having another animal exhibiting.
- Animal substitutions from the original entry form will only be allowed before the show and require the permission of the Show Superintendent.
- Send completed entry form with a copy of registration papers.
- Please use the most current ARI color chart to determine the color of each animal.